Latest News & Upcoming Events
Part-Time Communications Coordinator Position Available
We are actively seeking an energetic person to lead our communications activities. If you are interested send your resume to Andy Meyer, Business Administrator at email@example.com.
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Part-time (20 hrs/wk)
Reports To: Pastor
Job Summary: The Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating effective communication between Holy Cross, its members and staff, and the community, mainly through the church website and via social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. This position will work to engage the community in a way that increases their interest in Christ and their connection with the local church.
The Communications Coordinator serves as the gatekeeper and point person for communications, marketing, and advertising efforts that promote church activities, events, and programs within the congregation and within the surrounding community through the use of various media.
- Prioritize, develop and implement a communications platform strategy that encompasses the Web, Social Media platforms and print mediums to effectively increase the connection of members, and especially the community, to Christ and to the church
- Manage the Holy Cross website and Facebook page to effectively convey the vibrant community of Holy Cross
- Utilize social media to engage the community in conversation, and ensure timely responses to inquiries and comments
- Drive the creation of content (i.e. videos, photos, written word) for use on the various communications platforms
- Teach and assist staff with communications efforts, especially involving Social Media. Help staff to become more active and efficient users of various media.
- Drive advertising development and placement on-line and in print where appropriate
- Remain up-to-date on the relevant information and activities at Holy Cross in order to effectively communicate them through the appropriate channels
- Generate interest and invite members of the community to visit or attend events and worship services.
- Monitor website analytics; improve search engine optimization.
- Analyze social media platform metrics to increase the productivity of posts.
- Develop relationships with local community media sources to publicize and advertise Holy Cross if determined to be an effective communication mechanism
- Demonstrates a Christian faith
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience
- Active experience with one or more social media platforms
- Able to move freely around the church setting
- Spiritual Maturity: Models compassion, integrity, personal trust, ethics, values, accountability and servant leadership in all relationships.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with others. Demonstrates the skills of active listening and accepts criticism. Engages people positively, is approachable and has a good work/life balance.
- Problem Solving: Works to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes multiple sources for answers and strategies; looks beyond obvious options and searches beyond first answers.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Organizing: Can utilize resources (people, funding, materials, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information in a useful manner.